6102 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: MSA G3 P2000 e-mail and SNMP notification not working

Helmut Moltke
Advisor

MSA G3 P2000 e-mail and SNMP notification not working

Hi,

I have a MSA 2312fc and an extra MSA 2000 module with also LFF-disks. It is a dual controller configuration. I configured the SNMP and e-mail settings correctly. I use HP SIM as SNMP server, so the trap host is the HP SIM instance.

I received a few times SNMP alerts, but it did stop working. Reconfiguration of the MSA using the Configuration Wizard didn't make any change.

I read in the following forum post that e-mail is not yet supported, talking about an older MSA (probably G1): http://forums11.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/questionanswer.do?threadId=1391365

Did someone succeed in using SNMP and the e-mail notification functionalities?

Firmware, which is the last firmware, on the two controllers:

• Bundle Version: TS100P002
  • Storage Controller Code Version: T100P01
  • Storage Controller Loader Code Version: 23.008
  • Memory Controller FPGA Code Version: F400R02
  • Management Controller Code Version: L100R014
  • Management Controller Loader Code Version: not set
  • Expander Controller Code Version: 1044
  • CPLD Code Version: 13
Thanks!
4 REPLIES 4
Helmut Moltke
Advisor

After a cold reboot (I didn't try to reboot each controller individually using SMU), SNMP works fine! But no luck with e-mails...

Helmut Moltke
Advisor

After updating with the following firmwares and using HP SIM 6.0 with the 8.50 mibs pack and update patch to 6.1, SNMP traps and e-mail works fine:

*HP StorageWorks P2000 G3 MSA FC and FC/iSCSI Array Firmware Update (TS201R014.bin)

*HP StorageWorks P2000 Dual I/O LFF Drive Enclosure Firmware, S100B52, 21 Jun 2010 (S100B52.bin)

Tristan
Visitor

Hi! I've got the same Problem with an P2000 G3 FC.

I was using snmp for getting the _overall status_, but snmp stopped working on the MSA. I think I got all firmware-updates.. or not? I attach an jpg picture with the firmware-information.

Can somebody help me?

Threonine
Occasional Advisor

Here's a customer advisory indicating there's a bug in older firmware related to the length of certain fields and notifications failing.

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?objectID=c02759268&lang=en&cc=us&taskId=101&prodSeriesId=4118559&prodTypeId=12169

Another common issue with emails not working on these devices is using an incorrect format for the sender settings.

-Set Sender Name to the first portion of the sender email address (example: admin).
-Set Sender Domain to the domain portion of the sender email address (example: contoso.com).

If you set "Sender Name" to an email address accidentally like I did recently, it won't work at all but the test notifications will report the message was sent even though it never connects to the SMTP server.