4905 Online
108792 Solutions
New Discussion

MSA P2000 G3 FC Vdisk scrub job failed

EuclidesLidio
Occasional Visitor

MSA P2000 G3 FC Vdisk scrub job failed

Hello!

I am m getting Vdisk scrub job failed, 108 parity  mismatches were detected. The vdisk status is FTOL, all disks health is ok. There are no other errors.

tried to follow Resolving scrub errors from Event Descriptions Reference Guide but  unable to run the :
"verify vdisk vd01 fix yes"

Error reports:

Error: invalid or ambiguous parameter fix found.
Error: The command had an invalid parameter or unrecognized parameter. - Invalid or ambiguous parameter found: fix

Could you kindly advise how can we fix this error?

EL

3 REPLIES 3
Cali
Honored Contributor

Re: MSA P2000 G3 FC Vdisk scrub job failed

Hi,

did you try "verify vdisk vd01 ".

Check: help verify

Cali

ACP IT Solutions AGI'm not an HPE employee, so I can be wrong.
EuclidesLidio
Occasional Visitor

Hi Cali,

Thanks for the reply.

I did try the "verify vdisk vd01", Verification has completed with 101 error, then I tried to follow the Resolving scrub errors from event description reference Guide as I do not have any phisical error., somehow I am unable to run the "verify vdisk vd01 fix yes" , tried the "help verify" but there are no such comand as "verify vdisk vd01 fix yes". 

Regards, 

Euclides 

sudhirsingh
HPE Pro

Hi,

1. Please maintain data backup

2. Enable media scrub on vdisk and see if it report any media errors on any drives.

- In the Configuration View panel, right-click a vdisk and select Tools, Media Scrub Vdisk
 - Click Start Media Scrub Utility. A message confirms that the scrub has started.
 - Click OK. The panel shows the scrub's progress.

3. Check the Controller that is owning Vd01, shutdown the Controller owning the vdisk, 
    so that the Effected vd01 fail over to other Controller. 
    Check the Vd01 verification \scrub to complete.

4. If the issue doesn't resolve after the Controller ownership change then follow the below steps 

-Plan for a downtime and shutdown the MSA completely
 -Re seat the effected controller \ Owner of the vd01
 -Power on the MSA and let the Verification and scrub run on the vdisk1.

-Engage HPE support if issue persist.

Hope this helps!

Regards,

Sudhir

While I am an HPE Employee, all of my comments (whether noted or not), are my own and are not any official representation of the company

>Accept or Kudo