1752399 Members
5502 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: MSA P2000 G3 errors

haveaquestion

MSA P2000 G3 errors

Hi,

We have two MSA P2000 G3 and only have problems with one of us. Since a few months we received this errors :

Event:

The Management Controller was restarted automatically by the Storage Controller for the purpose of error recovery.

EVENT ID:#B3341

EVENT CODE:156

EVENT SEVERITY:Warning

EVENT TIME:2013-03-15 11:58:20

System Name:MSAP2000

System Location:Prod

System Contact:Admin

IP Address:192.168.10.50

Additional Information:

None.

Recommended Action:

- See the recommended actions for event 152, which is logged at approximately the same time.

We upgraded to the latest firmware TS250R021 but we still have the same problem.

Could you please help me?

Kind regards

7 REPLIES 7
Johan Guldmyr
Honored Contributor

Hi, have a look in the log file. Perhaps those can tell you what is happening before the reboot.

You get the logs by going to tools -> save logs in the web gui.

If you want to you could share the logs here.

PikoPage
Visitor

Hello,

I have near same problem with P2000 FC MSA. Once a week I get warning EVENT CODE:156. Directly before this warning is EVENT CODE:152

I don't know, how is this important. We have this storage about two months.

Thanks for Info

Page

PikoPage
Visitor

Hello again,

has anyone experience with this problem?

thanks

Page
Bart_Heungens
Honored Contributor

Hi,

I had a case for that with HP... Since this was a (rare) known issue...

We had this on all our 16 P2000's... By installing the TS250R021 update the issue was solved for us...

Kr,

Bart

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If my post was useful, clik on my KUDOS! "White Star" !
Spyros_
Advisor

I am sure that you have solved the issue but below you can find the recommended actions from HP

• If this event is logged only one time as Warning severity, no action is required.
  • If this event is logged more than one time as Warning severity, do the following:
  • If you are now able to access the management interfaces of the controller that logged this event, do
the following:
  • Check the version of the controller firmware and update to the latest firmware if needed.
  • If the latest firmware is already installed, the controller module that logged this event probably
has a hardware fault. Replace the module.
  • If you are not able to access the management interfaces of the controller that logged this event, do
the following:
  • Shut down that controller and reseat the module.
  • If you are then able to access the management interfaces, check the version of the controller
firmware and update to the latest firmware if needed.
  • If the problem recurs, replace the module.

Best regards,

Spyros

PikoPage
Visitor

Yes I have solved this. I've updated firmware, and few days after update failed one of the controller. Then I presume, that problem was directly in HW of this controller.

Spyros_
Advisor

I had the same problem last week and the problem. I had updated the controller and a day later we had the same issue.

The issue was resolved when we changed the controller with a new one.

BRs

Spyros