3758 Online
108759 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: MSA P2000 Remove host

SOLVED
Go to solution
eatonj314

It's been my experience that you can remove a discovered host after that host has not connected to the MSA P2000 for a certain period of time. I don't know the exact amount of time because I just recently discovered this myself. I know it is at least a week, however it may be closer to a month.

I've had some servers connected to my P2000, but I've since taken them offline. Right after I turned the servers off, I was unable to remove the hosts because they were discovered. But going back to it now, I was able to delete them since they've not been connected to the P2000 for at least a month and some of them even longer. But hosts I've taken off line in the last couple days cannot yet be removed.

Your best chance is just to wait and try to delete them later.

powergen
Regular Visitor

Restarting the storage controllers worked for me.  CLI:  restart sc both

You will temporarily lose connection as they restart.

Thanks!

AdrianP
Occasional Visitor

Just as a note, I found another way to delete initiators that have the status "discovered"

1- Make sure that the initiator in question has a nickname

2-SSH into the SAN

3- send it a "show initiators " --- it will display the current initiators. Verify that your initiator has a nickname

4- send it a "delete host %initiator nickname%" --> skip the quotes and replace %initiator nickname% with the actual nickname

http://h20564.www2.hpe.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?docId=mmr_kc-0127003