MSA Storage
1752525 Members
4755 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: MSA P2000 iSCSI volume is not initialized (not in the VMWare, not in Windows)

Re: MSA P2000 iSCSI volume is not initialized (not in the VMWare, not in Windows)

I hope you tried from both controllers and both from SMU and CLI/FTP method........Have you tried HP_EG0300FCSPH_HPD2.fla ?

if all are failed then better to log case with HPE support........next troubleshooting will be based on logs or may be some support engineer will look into your system by taking remote access

I work for HPE
Accept or Kudo
Grishko
Advisor

The firmware on the disk has been successfully updated, but the problem is still not solved

: (((

2017-12-15_19-22-09.png

2017-12-15_19-25-01.png

[Moderator edit: Removed the confidential info.]

Grishko
Advisor

it looks like same volume presented to both Windows as well as ESX server with same LUN ID..........this is not correct.........please remove all mappings and present only to Windows host.............then initialize the volume at Windows...............please capture screenshots step by step and in english so that everyone can understand...............

I work for HPE
Accept or Kudo
Grishko
Advisor

2017-12-15_20-55-25.png

[Moderator edit: Removed the confidential info.]

Grishko
Advisor

large.png

Grishko
Advisor

thank you for your help!
Sorry, I do not have an English version of Windows Now.

Torsten.
Acclaimed Contributor

Try GPT instead of MBR.

Hope this helps!
Regards
Torsten.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!   
ifit
Visitor

@Torsten. "partedUtil setptbl /vmfs/devices/disks/<id_disk> msdos" and "partedUtil mklabel /dev/disks/<id_disk> msdos" didn't help us. 

ifit
Visitor

it doesn't work when i initialize with mbr or gpt. No difference.