MSA Storage
1753534 Members
5573 Online
108795 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: MSA SAN switch 2/8

Roy Vieth

MSA SAN switch 2/8

Is there a way to factory reset this switch? We have inherted this switch and are unable to log in using the default username and password. There appears to be no reset procedure in the documentation that I can find.
5 REPLIES 5
James Muell
Valued Contributor

You can try calling HP support and giving them the S/N (on the bottom of the sw i think). You can also serially connect to it and hard boot it and watch for the switch wwn or s/n and model type. Support should be able to tell you how to reset it

I am in the same situation. I cannot login to the hardware using telnet or http. Here is the switch information. I have two MSA SAN 2/8

WWN: 10:00:00:60:69:ca:1c:88
DomainID: 2
Role: Principal
State: Online
Fimrware: v3.2.1
Serial#: 3A3ALXC1D02W

WWN: 10:00:00:60:69:ca:1a:bf
DomainID: 1
Role: Principal
State: Online
Fimrware: v3.2.1
Serial#: 3A38LXC1X00B

Please can someone help me reset the login and password. Thank you so much. any help would be appreciated.
NR
James Muell
Valued Contributor

NR, Since you have the serial numbers of the 2 switch modules, you should be able to get help from HP Support. I have experienced this and once HP just replaced the sw-mods. Another time i used a software package. i will look to see if I still have it.
Cameron Todd
Regular Advisor

Yes, I had a SAN switch 2/8 which could not login to and after a call was made to HP Support with the device details, they were able to generate a special firmware for that particular machine only which allowed once-only access to reset the password.
There is no other way.
Don't forget to assign points.

Thanks a lot guys I ll give it a go.