5332 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: MSA - failed to collect vdisk performance data

mattin
Occasional Contributor

MSA - failed to collect vdisk performance data

Hi there,

I have P2000 G3 SAS DualController SFF with 2 vdisks and lately wanted to measure performance, possible bottlenecks etc because I'm before exchange this oldie to new one (MSA P2050) soon. But problem is when I try to execute the graphs with data then popup message appear. I know that there was external tool from HPe which can be used to measure but on all articles and posts links to this tool are dead

Some time ago similar problem was arised here on HPe community and user Torsten replied with link but .link not working. I know that some of you guys here still use this MSA P2000 and for sure use this performance tool embedded into web console to this device. How can I proceed and get it working ?

MSA error

5 REPLIES 5

It's good to hear that you are moving to MSA2050 but there is no comparison between P2000 performance and MSA2050 because both are different type array. P2000 is linear and MSA2050 is Virtual array.

You can check Vdisk Performance details on Page no 99 in SMU guide,

https://support.hpe.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?docId=emr_na-c02520791

Also you can check in below guide,

https://www.connection.com/~/media/pdfs/brands/h/hp/storagesolutionswp/hpp2000g3arrayperformance.pdf?v=1

If your requirement is to check MSA live performance then better to check from CLI commands couple of times,

# show controller-statistics
# show disk-statistics
# show host-port-statistics
# show vdisk-statistics
# show volume-statistics

The one which you are trying is to check historical data only. May be you can try different time interval in past to get the data.

Hope your array is running with latest firmware TS252P005. If not then upgrade to latest.

Hope this helps!
Regards
Subhajit

I am an HPE employee

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!

I work for HPE
Accept or Kudo
mattin
Occasional Contributor

There is latest firmware TS252P005

I know these both documents (collected them earlier and they only make me sure that I'm doing "measurment" correctly ( I mean entering not too long time period, only some hours, not more that 12  etc.)

Currently I want focus on getting historical data - not live by CLI - because want to check some bottleneck in past days. Later I can play with live - data by CLI (maybe will have additional questions about it   but just now my MSA does'n show graphs from past days. I have remote access to web console so if any ideas I can check immediately...

Try for some different date and different duration (a little longer). Check for multiple options. If none of them shows any data then try to restart management controllers and check the same. If still same then plan downtime and restart controllers.

If still same issue then better to log a call with HPE Support.

Hope this helps!
Regards
Subhajit

I am an HPE employee

I work for HPE
Accept or Kudo
mattin
Occasional Contributor

thank you for reply. I'll try it but must plan maintanance window first.

Can you please help us to understand if the issue got resolved or not?

If issue got resolved then how?

Also request you to mark the forum as resolved if there is no more outstanding query from your end on this issue.

This will help for everyone who are all following your forum.

Hope this helps!
Regards
Subhajit

I am an HPE employee

I work for HPE
Accept or Kudo