1753936 Members
10127 Online
108811 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

MSA1000 FC SW 6 SCSI Enclouser Device Driver for w2k3

Peter Hoglind

MSA1000 FC SW 6 SCSI Enclouser Device Driver for w2k3

Hi,

Is there any device driver for the Fabric Switch 6 within the MSA1000 to Windows 2003 Server? After the OS installation, Emulex LP952 Driver and ACU installation I get an unknown device for "Compaq MSA Fabric SW 6 Enclosure Device". But I can't find any driver for this.

Might the driver be included in another package?

I've downloaded the latest support software cd v6.51 from the web but didn't find any driver.

Thanks for any help on this guys!

Regards,
Peter
9 REPLIES 9
Fister

Re: MSA1000 FC SW 6 SCSI Enclouser Device Driver for w2k3

Hi

I have exactly the same problem with new installation on DL380 with W2k and SmartStart7.20. I didn't had it before with SmartStart 6.40

Regards,
Patrick
CA1256535
Advisor

You don't need any driver for this device.
regards,
Andrzej
Fister

Hi,
but why do I get at eache restart the message of new hardware found? The system is looking at each restart for the driver.

Regards,
Patrick
Uwe Zessin
Honored Contributor

Sounds like the switch is presenting a LUN for in-band management. Does it help if you disable the entry in device manager?
CA1275161
Occasional Advisor

Peter,

I have never seen this issue before. There is no driver on the support cd 6.51 for the Switch 6 as it was discontinued well before the release of the 6.51 Support Cd. The only update I can even remember for the Switch 6 was a firmware update but you need to download the older support cd to even get the firmware update anymore as it is not included on the newer support cds. To update the switch firmware it was done though the MSAflash utility. May you are running the older switch firmware. I would try that first to make sure it is up to date. To get rid off the popups for new hardware you could also just install a generic scis driver as a test. Just a idea but I would start with the firmware rev on the switches. We have some MSA1000s with switch 6's and they are not expierencing the same issue that you are having.
Noriel Montalbo_1

Hi,

Has anyone fixed this issue?
I'm currently having the same problem.
Any help would be very much appreciated..

Regards,
Noriel

Greg Kubat

I am having the same issue and I am looking for the KGPSA-xx PCI Fibre chanel HBA version 5.4.82.16 driver. This is what we had on our server before the rebuild and the only driver that I have been able to install and see the Secure Path Disk.
Joaquim Ayats

Hi, the driver is located in the cdrom HPMSA-767 in directory RDP\Windows\x86\Qlogic\Storport

Bye, ...
Johary4284
Occasional Visitor

Correct.