cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MSA1000 'Problem'

Maarten Amkreutz
Occasional Visitor

MSA1000 'Problem'

I had a working MSA1000 solution connected to a HP SW 2/8Q switch and to an HP Proliant DL380G4 with a QLogic controller. All components of the MSA1000 SAN Kit. Now i did a fresh install of the server to which the SAN was connected. I installed Windows Server 2003 and all the drivers and management software. In SanSurfer Express i can see the complete storage solution with the right names and connections. But when i go to the Windows 2003 Virtual Disk Manager i can not see the SAN disk. When i put in the old disk with the original configuration everything is working fine. Where do i miss a crucial configuration issue. The WWNumber stays offcourse the same because it is the same server, only the harddisks and OS are changing. Somebody got an idea ?
4 REPLIES 4
BR771649
Occasional Advisor

Re: MSA1000 'Problem'

Hi,
Have you made sure that access is still allowed via selective storage presentation.
Andy

It does work, Really
Maarten Amkreutz
Occasional Visitor

And how do i see that ? I use the SanSurfer Express utility and have read about the selective storage but can't find that. I only see that the link between the MSA1000 and the server is working in the SanSurfer Express utility.
Maarten Amkreutz
Occasional Visitor

I have found the Selective Storage Presentation option in the ACU. Thanks for your tip about that. The WWNumber of the HBA has not changed but maybe that on the other server this link is not working. That could be a good possibility. I will try that one of these days.
Maarten Amkreutz
Occasional Visitor

Alright i checked the SSP and see that there is a connection on WWNumber level but i also see the connection name. In the working situation my server is called by name Unknown in the Sansurfer Express and the connection in the SSP is also called unknown. In the new situation the connection is still called Unknown but in the Sansurfer Express my server now has it real name ? Do i have to change the connection name also ? And when i do that could there be some consequences ? It is a live environment and i always have to return to an working situation. An answer would be nice, thanks !