1753947 Members
7600 Online
108811 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

MSA1000 active/active

Alessio_7
Occasional Contributor

MSA1000 active/active

Hi Guys, I want add two new Cisco MDS 9120, in MSA 1000 eviroment.I don't have experience with this configuration. I don't know were i must read thi information.
I know that I need to change ID domain in the two MDS and the type(E) of the ports that connect between switch. I want connect one MDS switch in one switch of MSA and another MDS switch to another MSA switch.
I don't know if i need other steps...
is there anyone that can help me?
thank you very much.
alex
3 REPLIES 3
James Muell
Valued Contributor

Re: MSA1000 active/active

You need to read the HP SAN Design document found at: http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/DocumentIndex.jsp?contentType=SupportManual&locale=en_US&docIndexId=179911&taskId=101&prodTypeId=12169&prodSeriesId=406734

Review this for compatibility and planning your fabric expansion. If my memory serves me, you can only have 2 switches per fabric with an MSA in the configuration. Backup your zone configurations. I havent worked with the Cisco FC switches, but generally after you've set the DOM IDs you should be able to connect 1 ISL to each MSA sw and from the CLI see if its a good uplink. gl
Alessio_7
Occasional Contributor

thank you very much.. James
Uwe Zessin
Honored Contributor

> you can only have 2 switches per fabric with an MSA

I don't remember the (supported) limits on the MSA embedded 2/8 switch, but there is no hard Domain-ID limit as on some 16-port switches. I know a setup where the switch is connected to 3 p-class blade switches and a new 8 GBit switch has been connected to the p-class switches recently.