MSA Storage
1752815 Members
5958 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: MSA1000 and MSA fabric SW 6 Scsi Enclosure Driver

Dougd

MSA1000 and MSA fabric SW 6 Scsi Enclosure Driver

I have been looking for an answer to this problem and it looks like there is no answer. However, I want to confirm. I have an MSA1000 with the MSA fabric SW 6 (now retired)in the back connected to two DL380's with Emulex LP952 HBA's. The DL380's have Widnows 2003, Smartstart 7.60, the emulex driver and MPIO driver for the MSA. All Firmware is up to date. Everytime I boot one of my servers, Windows 2003 comes up looking for the MSA Fabric SW 6 driver. Also, it does it twice because I have two MSA Fabric SW 6 for redudancy. If you hit cancel, everything seems to work fine....however it is a hugh nuisance. If you hit yes to find the driver, Windows of course cannot and it's not on the 7.60 or MSA 1000 CD.

Question - Does it matter that this happens everytime I boot and is there a driver to fix this? I am reusing this MSA on new servers. There never was a problem with the old Smartstart finding these switches, however I have loaded Smartstart 5.5 with no avail and can't seem to find the driver anywhere.

Please help.

Thanks in advance.
5 REPLIES 5
James Muell
Valued Contributor

Has the MSA been rebooted as an attempt to eliminate this error? If the system is working after clearing the error it could be because the MSA controllers are confused.
THe MSA is not a...very intuitive platform. Sometimes when i use the CLI to configure lun and connection, I will see old entries in the listing until I reboot it.

Has this occurred only since installing smst 7.6? Did you have every older version on? If not try back rev'g the smst version to like 7.4.
Another thing you could try is to copy the exact error and google it.
I assume you are using SSP to map your luns and HBA connections together?
Dougd

There is no error. It just comes up in Device manager of Windows as being a OTHER DEVICE with a question mark....meaning the driver is incorrect.

I did google it and it came up with this...http://forums1.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/bizsupport/questionanswer.do?threadId=849509&admit=-682735245+1171548442676+28353475

Which led me to my post.

I have tried using old Smartstarts..to no avail.

Currently 7.6 is the only one loaded. Also, the MSA has been booted many times and the firmware is correct.

Again, it functions correctly, however it is a hugh nuisance when I reboot each of my cluster nodes because Windows always tries to find the correct driver.
Tiandee

Download HPMSA-767.iso from HP website, the driver is in the ISO file.
Tiandee

Where?

I have the same problem with W2K3 and i have read your thread hoping it would help. Now I have downlaoded the HPMSA767 ISO, extracted to CD. Then i tried to Update the "Other Device" "Compaq MSA Fabric Sw 6 SCSI Enclosure Device" and windows cannot find the driver on the CD....Am i missing something?

Please advise......