Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MSA1000 and Win2K Adv.

SOLVED
Go to solution
CA1017817
Occasional Visitor

MSA1000 and Win2K Adv.

I have a MSA1000 connected to two DL380 G3 servers. After I load the FCA driver on the server and reboot, I now get an unknown device called "Compaq MSA1000 SCSI Array Device". I cannot find any information about this or where I might find the drivers. Has anyone else seen this and can help me out?

TIA,
Gary
6 REPLIES 6
BR734478
Advisor
Solution

Re: MSA1000 and Win2K Adv.

I recommend you insert the MSA1000 solution cd which came with the box, and do the driver installation from there.

As far as I remember, all the appropriate drivers are then loaded accordingly after a couple of reboots.

Regards
christian
Adam_88
Occasional Advisor

Also make sure that you install Win2K SP4 on both servers and HP Support Pack 6.4A.

If you don't do this the servers will crash and your applications will periodically lose connection to the MSA1000 disks
CA408594
Occasional Visitor

I'm going to guess and say the HBA is a Qlogic card. On the support CD, browse through, and you should find Qlogic directory and some docs. Well, this is true for Linux, but I'm thinking there might be some info on Windows installing the Qlogic driver.
Golf is a Good Walk Spoiled, Mark Twain.
Robert_174
Occasional Advisor

my guess would be that the msa1000 device would be the smartarray cluster controller (the box with the LED's and LCD). In my experience i have only connected these devices via the onboard 5i+ RAID adapter (not the onboard SCSI) and a 532 RAID adapter. Using these, the device is NOT displayed in device manager and does not need drivers (or ask for them). The device can only then be configured correctly by using the GUI ACU, (not the BIOS/ROM utility).
CA1017817
Occasional Visitor

The answer was on the MSA1000 CD. I had to manually update the drivers for these devices and choose the CD as the update point. I figured this would have automatically been taken care of as part of the initial install. Thanks all for your responses!
BR719778
Occasional Advisor

2 Tom Dineen:
>>I'm going to guess and say the HBA is a Qlogic card

Wrong. HP HBA is Emulex.

However, I tried connecting two IBM eServer servers with QLogic HBA to MSA1000 (fabric on HP san switches), and it works without problems... Officially unsupported. In that case "MSA1000 device" stays in "unknown" state, but all LUNs allowed to these servers through SSP are accessible. No problems so far.

HTH,
Alex