1753779 Members
7888 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: MSA1000 front panel LED's

Cameron Todd
Regular Advisor

MSA1000 front panel LED's

I have been wondering for ages what the two bars of LED displays on the front panel of the MSA1000 controller cabinet actually indicate but have never seen any information in the manuals I possess, nor found any mention in my searches for MSA information on the HP websites.

Does anyone have information pertaining to the meaning of these LED's?
3 REPLIES 3
Uwe Zessin
Honored Contributor

These days, they are documented in the controller user guide (347281-002, May 2004).

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/DocumentIndex.jsp?contentType=SupportManual&locale=en_US&docIndexId=179911&taskId=101&prodTypeId=12169&prodSeriesId=377751

Btw, the first reference I found was in the MSA1000 user guide (230941-001, October 2001), which means that information has been available for ages;-)
Cameron Todd
Regular Advisor

Part of the problem has been that many of the URL's fail with a "We Are Sorry" page- not-found error from HP.

On the page reference you listed, I could download the CLI User Guide no problems (which exonerates my ISP and desktop settings as the culprit) but nearly all of the MSA1000 User Guide references failed with 404 errors. (ie page doesn't exist)

Only one of those references actually led to a page with an openable document, so you don't need to worry - I have found the info after all that.

Cameron Todd
Regular Advisor

WEIRD!  I got a notification in email that this thread had been updated (reproduced below), however, when i tried to follow the URL I only ever get to the front page of the Business Support Forums (FAIL) and when searched to find this thread manually, there aren't any posts anyway !?!

***Begin received email***

Dear Cameron Todd,

You have asked Hewlett-Packard to notify you about the replies to this online forum discussion topic at the Business Support Forums site:

MSA1000 front panel LED's

http://forums.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/bizsupport/questionanswer.do?threadId=952059

Someone just posted a reply to this question. There 3 in total to the question. Please visit the message by clicking the hyperlink above to get the most updated information.

If you would like to stop receiving notifications:

* go to the message and click 'Disable Notification' button there, or

* find the message in your forums profile's notifications section and uncheck the selection there.

========================================================================

IF YOU ARE THE AUTHOR OF THE QUESTION:

When you return to view the answers, please rate each response on a scale of 1-10. Simply login and select the value you desire using the points pulldown menu next to each response. Please use the following scale when rating each response:

N/A:  The answer was simply a point of clarification to my original question

1-3:  The answer didn't really help answer my question but thanks anyhow!

4-7:  The answer helped with a portion of my question, but I still need some additional help.

8-10:  The answer has solved my problem completely!  Now I'm a happy camper!

WHY SHOULD I DO THIS? 

In short, here are 3 reasons why it's worth a few moments of your time:

1.) Others have taken time out to help you, so please take a moment to give them credit for the assistance they have provided. 

2.) Your rating will not only help your peers earn points toward their Forums status, but will validate the quality of the solution you've received. 

3.) Other readers will therefore be able understand which answer best helped solve a problem, thereby making the community knowledge being shared here that much richer.

We appreciate your participation in the HP Business Support Forums. Thanks for helping build a positive user community.

***End received email***