MSA Storage
1753511 Members
5319 Online
108795 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: MSA1000 redundancy question

CA908270

MSA1000 redundancy question

In an MSA 1000 with the redundancy package (two controllers, two internal switches, two power supplies), are they in sets? For Example, if the primary Power supply fails, does the whole primary side go away? Also, if the MSA encounters a very short (under one second) power outage to only one power supply (I have each supply plugged into it's own UPS), what will the redundancy/failover do? I think I am seeing this happen, causing much wierdness, but I am not 100% sure that is the actual cause.....
2 REPLIES 2

One Powersupply is able to run the complete MSA Chassis, so no problems there.

Power outage should is no problem aswell, since you have AND UPS per Powersupply AND you suggested an power outage on 1 Powersupply

So you're covered bij the UPS and by DUAL powersupply.
CA1275161
Occasional Advisor

In your situation you will have no redundancy or failover issues to worry about unless the downtime is substantial to one UPS or the other. You did not mention in your post what Operating System you are running. For example if you are running Windows 2003 you need Secure Path which controllers your failover. Without Secure Path or some multipathing software or driver you will have no failover\redundancy since failover on the MSA1000 is controlled by the software.