Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MSA1000

dlfire
Occasional Contributor

MSA1000

Hello,
I have a MSA1000 with redundent controller. Recently, everytime that I try to use ACU to access the MSA1000. it will get an error about not able to manage the controller and the SAN reboots. Does anyone knows what's going on? Thanks
3 REPLIES 3
James Muell
Valued Contributor

Re: MSA1000

couple things
--Is the host your using to run the ACU, dual HBA connected and using multipath sftw?
Already using MSA disks on that host?
Using SSP to map both HBA wwn to a lun?

-- It sounds like the active MSA controller is not the one your ACU requests are going to. Occasionally there may be a controller failover and when that happens the ACU session may not work. You need to know where the active controller is.
-- You said "...and the SAN reboots" does this mean the MSA is rebooting? That may be a host driver issue or a ACU version problem. Some ACU version may not be supported on some version of MSA firmware.
dlfire
Occasional Contributor

Thanks for responding.
The server has two HBA cards with MPIO ver 1.40 installed
Yes, the MSA disks is already been used have assigned SSP to both HBA card from the ACU before.
But recently when I tried to use ACU to access the controller, the MSA will restart and I will get some error messages like failover failed and both controllers on the MSA starts to reboot
Alireza Babri
Frequent Advisor

I think you should first go for another management server, maybe the problem is from the server you want to manage the MSA with.
so do the following:
install one HBA on another server with fresh windows installed by smart start CD. and try to check up manageing the MSA with NO SSP first
rather you can:
reinstall the PSP on the server manually by the Smart start CD, and check up managing the MSA with ACU again.

after all this if the proble did NOT solved:
upgrade the MSA firmware ,
and if the problem again persists, you must go for checking the HBA or the SAN switch hardware problems
Notice:
If all the above could not help, maybe you have configured an incorrect configuration on the SAN Switch.

Kind Regards,
Alireza Babri