New Discussion юеВ

Re: MSA1500 Active/Active Successful

SOLVED
Go to solution
Muhammad Imran
Advisor

I am really thankfull for your reply.
I have assigned the preferred paths successfully.
But one question. Is it possible to make load balaning on both FC HBAs in server?
Because when I m trying to make LB it still shows me error message that it is not possible on clustered resource.
Donhickey

Hello , I had the same problem on a customer site . Are you saying that HP MPIO DSM does not work and the pathing has to be done via the msa cli or the ACU.
We found the pathing could not be changed via the HP MPIO DSM
Muhammad Imran
Advisor

You have to set it from both.
First define preferred paths in ACU then select active path per LUN in MPIO.
Eugene G.

Hello,
we've installed Active-Active Firmware on our new MSA1500cs - see the same issues as reported. Running 3-node W3K cluster, HP MPIO DSM manager from the latest support CD would not allow to set any kind of load balancing if the LUN is a clustered resource, basic fail-over only allowed.
Eugene.
Muhammad Imran
Advisor

Same issue with me also. When I select LB it shows error message that you can'nt do it on clustered resource.
John Kufrovich
Honored Contributor

To everyone,

Give me a few days, I'll ask the MSA DSM developer.

Regards,
John Kufrovich
Honored Contributor

The readme of the MSA DSM states that this is a known problem.

The LB of cluster resources issue will be addressed in 2.x release of MSA DSM.

John Kufrovich
Honored Contributor

Let me add one more item,

If you leave the MSA on automatic(Implicit) failover and you elect to set a preferred_path with our HBA settings. The MSA will eventually move the LUN under the correct controller matching your HBA preferred_path.

If you Manually assign the LUNs to a particular controller and elect to set a preferred_path with our HBA setting.
You will need to know the MSA controllers Serial number and the LUN ID number. You can use the MSA cli or ACU, "select msa controller" then "more informtion" or select LUN and "more information"