Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MSA1500 - Cluster Win2000 - Problems

Marco Natta
Occasional Contributor

MSA1500 - Cluster Win2000 - Problems

Hi,
I've a MSA1500 with redundant path (2 hba - 2 san switch - MPIO for MSA) connected to a two window2000 server with HBA HP Emulex, the servers forming a cluster, no other device on the SAN and the ssp used.
The nodes are working fine if they are on once a time, when I turn on the second node it try to reserve the disks on line on the active node causing a cluster failure or several problems to the active node..

MSA firmware 5.02 - MSA20 1.48
Hba firmware 3.93a0 - Drivers 5-5.20a10

Any idea ??
Thanks in advance

Gianluca
3 REPLIES 3
James Muell
Valued Contributor

Re: MSA1500 - Cluster Win2000 - Problems

the MSA1500 firmware version 5.02 is not yet qualified for MS clustering. Prior to clustering did you make sure that both luns recognized the shared drives using the same drive letters? To do this you basically have to have one node down while recognizing the drives on the other.
James Muell
Valued Contributor

For what its worth I received the information below from our HP rep.

"According to the folkâ s in Division, MSA firmware version 5.02 is not being tested by Microsoftâ ¦however, the next firmware update 5.10 is currently
being tested / certified by Microsoft and will be available the end of June.

Looks like they jumped right to 5.10 â maybe 5.02 wasnâ t enough of a change from the previous to make a difference.
Marco Natta
Occasional Contributor

Thanks for your support, the problem was with the network ethernet switch !! When the second node starts it's not able to reach the other node, so it try to reserve the shared disk.. Ww have fixed the problem with the eth network and everithing seem (...) to be working fine..

By,
Gianluca