MSA Storage
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MSA2000 2212fc unable to connect to web console, cli etc and only 1 controller up

Ryan Van Eijk
Occasional Visitor

MSA2000 2212fc unable to connect to web console, cli etc and only 1 controller up

I am unable to telnet, smu etc into the MSA 2000 2212FC. I believe this has to do with a failed Firmware update where ownership now sits with my B controller alone and active. This has been a problem for quite some time as I have searched for a solution. I can view data on the drive and the front end server is still running at optimal levels with no obvious (as of yet) errors. I have manually stopped write access as much as I could and shutdown the controlly physically. I have successfully restored power with still no luck connecting to the SMU /CLI etc.

Please help.
4 REPLIES 4
muruggan
Advisor

Re: MSA2000 2212fc unable to connect to web console, cli etc and only 1 controller up

hi,

telnet the controller which is up, try to run the below command

restart mc a/b

a - controller a
b - controller b

if the controller A is up, telnet the controller and restart b
Ryan Van Eijk
Occasional Visitor

Re: MSA2000 2212fc unable to connect to web console, cli etc and only 1 controller up

Hi There,

ye I have attempted this a short while ago I cannot seem to get access through telnet or the smu console, or while the CLI is connected at correct baud rate.

This seems to be my problem as the device is returning a ping at the alloted 10.0.0.16 of my B controller.

Is there anything I could have missed in setting up the telnet... telnet connect to the IP returns a could not connect to the host on port 23 and I have tried other ports with no luck perhaps there is a different port I must use in the syntax? I am unsure as this does not seem to work simply

Ryan Van Eijk
Occasional Visitor

I still cannot telnet or gain access to the controller or console. yet the san data and size etc are all functioning correctly. I desperately need to update the firmware or restart the other controller to bring it back up and to continue using our dual controller configuration.

My open telnet commands return a cannot connect on port 23 error repeatedly with connect failed.

How can I regain access and what could be causing this?

There does not seem to be any support information about this scenario.

Any suggestions would be of great help.

John Kufrovich
Honored Contributor

Hi Ryan,

Did you get resolution?

If no, can you shutdown controller A, and reflashing Controller B. Once flash is complete. Retry booting both servers.

Regards