5704 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

MSA2000SA Connecting With Blade Server Encloser

Miki Patel
Occasional Advisor

MSA2000SA Connecting With Blade Server Encloser

Dear Experts,

One of our customer has bought Blade Enlosure with 4 Bld server BL460 now my problem is how do i connect MSA2000sa with this Blade Enlosure..i have connected Physicaly but some how it i cant see MSA in any of my server..

Note i have Two Raid Controller in Each Server..One is On board Raid Controler 410 and i have installed Additional P700 Raid controler.

On 410 raid controler i have install Raid 1 for local two hard drives and now i want to configer 700 to use External Storage box..

Kindly please advise me how do i confgier..i am in kind of Fix..need your kind help as soon as possible.

Thank alot in advance hot to hear soonest....
8 REPLIES 8
P.Prokopets
Advisor

Re: MSA2000SA Connecting With Blade Server Encloser

Hi!
What SAS-switches do you have? How did you connect MSA to this switches?
Miki Patel
Occasional Advisor

Dear P.Prokopets
Thanks for reply..i have managed to connect MSA with Blade...and i have also alocted the space to individual servers as per customer requirement..

The only small problem i have which is this..

I removed one hard drive from bay since it is raid 5 it has taken spare hard drive it has consider that spare hard to main Raid 5,
Now i am connecting the hard drive back to bay it is not showing in the sapre ...
P.Prokopets
Advisor

Mickey, i think it shouldn't automatically mark this "new" hard drive as spare drive. So i think, that's usual behavior of array.
Miki Patel
Occasional Advisor

No brother it doesnt do that but i have figered it out ...the hard drive was in leftover mode...

so had to run tool Mita data..then add new disk as spare disk..

But thank for help..can you help me in clustering BL 460 c Server ??
P.Prokopets
Advisor

What application do you want to put in cluster?
Miki Patel
Occasional Advisor

i will be using Windows 2008 enterprise edition as OS and it will SAP as application
Miki Patel
Occasional Advisor

Too add more..its like if the first application server fails the other one will come up automaticaly and both the servers will be connected with SAN box Ofcurse...if you have documentation or if you can help it will great...
P.Prokopets
Advisor

Mickey, unfortunately i have absolutely no experience with SAP :). But as i can see here: http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/04/285ea6a87f11d194a400a0c930df15/content.htm it works with MSCS without any problem. As i can see, SAP uses generic cluster agent, so you can use this documentation: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=518d870c-fa3e-4f6a-97f5-acaf31de6dce&DisplayLang=en see file or print server cluster - i'm sure, it will be quite similar with SAP.
Good luck!