1752794 Members
6114 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: MSA2012i - Management interface not accesible

Jonas Rollsby

MSA2012i - Management interface not accesible

Hi,

The management interface of my MSA 2012i is not accessible at all. I've tried HTTP/HTTPS/SSH/TELNET. I've tried ping both out and in private IP and localhost, no difference, no contact.

I've also tried to disable and enable the different protocols, didn't help.

The only way of accessing the MSA now is with the CLI port.

I've searched for some way to reset the management interface via the CLI-port. But I can't find anything about this problem.

Of course I could reboot the MSA but since everything else is working and I do not want the downtime I would prefer another solution.

Any idéas?

P.S. This thread has been moved from Storage Area Networks (SAN) (Enterprise) to Storage Area Networks (SAN) (Small and Medium Business). - Hp Forum moderator

5 REPLIES 5
Prokopets
Respected Contributor

Jonas: do you have a multi-pathing software installed on your hosts? If yes, you can reset only one controller and it shouldn't be a problem.
Joshua Small_2
Valued Contributor

Hi,

Rebooting the management interface does not actually cause downtime.

See my thread here:
http://forums11.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/questionanswer.do?threadId=1336971&admit=109447626+1276064882259+28353475

Jonas Rollsby

Thank you both for your answers.

I do not have multi-path on this MSA.

I have read the thread about Joshua's inaccessible interface and that sound very much like my problem.
stavoprojekta_t
Occasional Advisor

Hello Joshua, please can You update link to Your thread? I have the same problem and searching for sollution.

IP of MSA 2012i not accessible. If i do "restart mc both" via CLI, it start to responds for about 2 minutes, than stop responding again.

-t

Dennis Handly
Acclaimed Contributor

>please can you update link to your thread?

Perhaps it's this topic:

http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/Storage-Area-Networks-SAN/MSA2012-crash-and-upgrades/m-p/4412119