MSA Storage
1745790 Members
4261 Online
108722 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: MSA2012i & HP accelerated iscsi NIC's

Woodentop182

MSA2012i & HP accelerated iscsi NIC's

I have configured the HP accelerated network cards in our new server but the documentation for the hp accelerated iscsi pack and the MSA2012i tell you to configure the networking in two different ways.

I have set the IP addresses up in the HP networking configuration utility however everytime the server is rebooted Windows moans about not being able to login to the target this happens until Windows has assigned the automatic private address.

Any ideas if i need to setup another address for Windows to use or will this mess up the hp accelerated iscsi cards?
3 REPLIES 3
Johnny von Heimerall
Frequent Advisor

Hi,

Do you mean that you are running Accelerated iSCSI with normal multifunction NICs or with iSCSI NICs?

How long time does it take for windows to assignt the automagic private address?

I guess this dont have anything to do with it b├Г┬║t, have you checked the box "Automatically restore this connection when the system boots", when you are logging on to your target in you initiator?

Johnny
Woodentop182

We purchased the Accelerated iSCSI pack for the onboard network cards, this from what i can see gave us the tick box in the HP network configuration utility.

Windows gets the auto address after about a minute. The system works fine but for that minute Windows logs about 500 errors when it is trying to connect to the MSA (even though the IP addresses are configured in the HP networking tool).

And those tick boxes are ticked.
Johnny von Heimerall
Frequent Advisor

Is there any (time) difference running static/dynamic IP addresses?

Could it be that for some reason that the Accelerated iSCSI pack is slowing this down some way?
Is it imperative for you to run it?
Otherwise try to uninstall it and only run on the Microsoft iSCSI initiator.
(this is the most common setup)