108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

MSA2012sa Cluster

SOLVED
Go to solution
Tobias Boll

MSA2012sa Cluster

Hi all,
we have 2 HP DL580G5-servers attached to a MSA2012sa Dual Controller, where 6 hard disks are installed. The MSA is connected with redundant "HP SC08Ge Host Bus Adapters" using Mini SAS cables.
During Boot-process, the LSI SAS BIOS configuration utility can be invoked and both adapters appear in the "Adapter List screen".
Unfortunately, I cannot see any array, devices, etc. in "SAS Topology screen". So, my question is, HOW CAN I CREATE AN ARRAY, A LOGICAL DISK, ETC?
In HP Array configuration utility, I just can see the embedded controller and cannot configure the external MSA.

Thank you very much in advance,
Tobias
6 REPLIES 6
pablo_garcia
Frequent Advisor
Solution

Re: MSA2012sa Cluster

Hi,

I think you need configure by web. The default address IP are 10.0.0.2 (controller A) and 10.0.0.3 (controller B).

The default username is manage and default password is !manage.
Uwe Zessin
Honored Contributor

Right, the MSA2000 family is not based on SmartArray controllers, so no ACU,ADU.

You can connect with a web-browser or do a command-line session via telnet/ssh or serial line.

And you can expand your knowledge by learning new terminology ;-)
disk drive array = virtual disk
logical disk = volume
Jon Paul
Trusted Contributor

Hello Tobias,

You will need to use the SMU (Storage Management Utility, Browser based utility) or the CLI (Telnet, SSH) to create vDisks, Volumes, and Volume Maps to LUNs before you can access any LUNs from the host.
SMU and CLI are accessible by the management IP or serial cable connection (CLI only). Please review the user guide to setup the management IP, vdisks, volume, and volume maps.
If you plan on booting your hosts from the MSA2012sa, then you will need to utilize LUN IDs 1 through 8. This is a limitation of the LSI card.
Make sure to download and install the latest Array FW and Host Software for the MSA2012sa.
Tobias Boll

Hi all,
thank you for the information.
Where can I download the SMU?
I've searched all of HP.com, but I didn't find it.
Thanks,
Tobias
Uwe Zessin
Honored Contributor

Tobias,

SMU is embedded in the MSA2000 product!
Direct your browser to a controller's management port.
Johnny von Heimerall
Frequent Advisor

Hi Tobias,

If you have a DHCP on the network, check there for the MSA's IP address. Should be stated something like "HP Storageworks MSA2000".
Otherwise the default is like written earlier;
10.0.0.2 (controller A)
10.0.0.3 (controller B)