6211 Online
108796 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: MSA2050 MPIO Configuration

Paddi
Occasional Contributor

MSA2050 MPIO Configuration

Hi,

was just loking for some advice , we currenlty have an MSA2050 (all SSD), connected using 10GB ethernet thorugh the flexconnect switches ,connect is VMhost server (server 2019), Dual port 10GB ethernet didicated to the Storage & Dual port 10GB ethernet didicated to the VM's

i have the Luns presented as ISCSI to the host using the (stroage 10gb connections - teamed), but i was wondering if it was better to split the team and move these to MPIO , and would this give me better through put, at the moment i present a few luns to the host server and then pass these through to the my file server as additonal hard drives (i have fogotten the teminolgy), these are then basivcally my shared drives for the company , but i experience slower speeds when moving data and accessing the drives,

when backing up for the Stroage itself (Veaam), the process can give me spoeeds over 2GBs, so the storage does seem fast there ...

also been looing at MPIO and not sure how to configure this on server 2019 , do i need a DSM file , whne i luach MPIO i can see "MSFT2005iscsiBusType_0x9" in device hardware ID , but im not sure if im menat t claim the device as some guides have suggested - "mpclaim –n –I –d “HPE MSA 2050 SAN”"

any help would be appreciaited

paddi

2 REPLIES 2

@Paddi 

As per my understanding multipathing helps with redundant path, in case of one path fails other path should help with the availability. IO happens through one path before moving to another path. Specially Round Robin multipath policy. However, due to all paths active and can handle IOs in parallel, that increase throughput overall. There are more into this but difficult to explain here.

To help with MPIO configuration, there is no more DSM file required. Now it's Operating System specific native multipathing only. You can check below guide and it will help you,

https://support.hpe.com/hpesc/public/docDisplay?docLocale=en_US&docId=emr_na-a00038738en_us

Hope this helps!
Regards
Subhajit

I am an HPE employee

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!

I work for HPE
Accept or Kudo
Paddi
Occasional Contributor

Hi,

thank you for the reply , i will look inot this , but i think my issue way actually be with Hyper-V and may be a limitation within Hyper-visor itself ... but i will look inot the MPIO setup and get this configured 

thanks 

paddi