108788 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: MSA2050 failed Vdisk delete

추재은
Occasional Contributor

MSA2050 failed Vdisk delete

msa2050 vdisk is configured with raid5
In this situation, when two disks fail at the same time
Is there a way to give up data and construct a new raid?
In this case, either deleting the volume or deleting the vdisk was rejected, nor did you delete matadata on the individual disk.
If you know how, please help.
Thank you.

3 REPLIES 3

Can you please provide more details like how many disk groups present in this system per pool per drive type, how many volumes present in this system

If you don't want the volume data then you should be able to remove the volume from the system. If you are getting error kindly share the exact error details.

You can't delete disk-group when you have volume present in the same pool from where you want to delete the disk-group as this is Virtual array so data is scattered in pages in the pool underlying multiple disk-groups.

If multiple volume present in this system in the same pool from where you want to delete the disk-group then it will have data of those volumes as well.

Please help with below commands,

show pools

show disk-groups

show disks

show volumes

show snapshots 

Do you have any other MSA array in your environment ?

Hope this helps!
Regards
Subhajit

I am an HPE employee

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!

***********************************************************************************

I work for HPE
Accept or Kudo
추재은
Occasional Contributor

I want to know how to force disk initialization when a volume group is broken on Msa2050 storage.
For example, it consists of one virtual pool and raid5 7D1P in the dgA01 disk group, and two disks failed simultaneously. In this situation, I want to delete the existing configuration, and attempting to reconfigure a new raid,
I have experienced that deleting the configuration would be rejected.
The volume is not deleted and therefore the disk group is not deleted. I also tried a factory reset, but only the configuration was initialized. The disk was not initialized. I checked if I can delete meta data on the individual disk but this was not possible either.

Need to see the exact error when you try to delete the volume. So it will be good if you can share the same output.

Also please clarify you are dealing with single volume or it's volume group consist of multiple volumes?

Hope this helps!
Regards
Subhajit

I am an HPE employee

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!

I work for HPE
Accept or Kudo