MSA Storage
1753845 Members
7698 Online
108806 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: MSA2212fc firmware upgrade

StevenLink

MSA2212fc firmware upgrade

I have an MSA2212fc dual controller SAN, that has firmware J200P19 loaded.  Looking at the release notes / install instructions on the latest firmware it looks like it should be a simple load.  However when I ran the HP P2000 MSA Firmware Update Tool it stated that "At least one of the controllers has an unsupported firmware version. Please contact HP support before upgrading."  Since the firmware is that old I'm having issues finding if there were any gotchas during the upgrade or perhaps using a certain firmware as a stepping stone to get to the latest version.  Will I be safe to do an upgrade through the web interface?  If not are there procedures available to get the firmware upgraded safely?  Anything to watch out for on the attached hosts or the storageworks switches?

For the backstory on this I recently took over management of this device, when I remoted in I discovered one of the controllers was off-line, I restarted it but it started spitting errors about a high voltage on a super cap, although it has remained on-line.  Some searches indicate this might be corrected with a firmware upgrade, so I figured I would try that first.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

5 REPLIES 5
Torsten.
Acclaimed Contributor

Unfortunately I don't have the links at the moment, but there are a lot of related threads in this forum. Please do a search in combination with "P2000 firmware update ftp", use google, not the board search.

Hope this helps!
Regards
Torsten.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!   
KurtG
Regular Advisor

Take my advice, open an incident with HP and get a detailed fw upgrade planned (and let the find the correct fw for you).

Just saying..... 

KurtG

Dennis Handly
Acclaimed Contributor
Greybeard
Esteemed Contributor

and read the release notes carefully as some updates require the partner update option to be off before you do the code load.

See instructions:

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib2/software1/pubsw-linux/p487091724/v74432/537811-006_MSA2000G1_Jxx2R10_relnotes.html#v11061214

get the file:

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareDescription.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodTypeId=12169&prodSeriesId=3687115&swItem=MTX-2268b73a332c405dbfb1a5b2ff&prodNameId=3687125&swEnvOID=4064&swLang=8&taskId=135&mode=4&idx=1

But the failed supercap is most likely a real hardware issue!

Hope this helps!
Regards
Torsten.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!