Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MSA2324i single controller "the host port(s) specified are not valid"

digone52
Occasional Contributor

MSA2324i single controller "the host port(s) specified are not valid"

Hello.

We have implemented an MSA2324i single controller configuration. We had a crash of the unit 3 weeks ago, so we updated to the latest firmware and changed the caching mode to independant caching.

Since updating the system as per above, we have just found out that we cannot map hosts to volumes using the GUI. If we try to do this, we receive an error "Bad parameter(s) were specified. The host port(s) specified are not valid".

I suspect that this is a symptom of the problem, but if we try to reset the ports, we get a message "Unable to reset the host port. The command is ambiguous. Please check the help on this command". This happens when selecting either A1 or A2 ports.

We can however create the mapping using the CLI.

On restarting the unit to see if that would help, we received a message in the event log "The SAS topology was changed (components were added or removed..." and the Vdisk was quarantined, but then a rescan bus operation happened and although I can't see the vdisk come out of quarantine in the log, it is fully usable so I suppose it did.

Can anyone please suggest any remedies for either of these issues?

Thanks.