1745786 Members
4123 Online
108722 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

MSA2324sa G2 power supply issues?

Laurent_11
Occasional Advisor

MSA2324sa G2 power supply issues?

Just curious. Has anyone have been having any recurring issues with the power supplies in those MSA2324sa G2 units? We had one faulty one. Unplug it, plug it back in, stays green for a while then turns red. Will not hold power. Called HP, got it replaced, oddly didn't have the power switch on it like the original but was told to not worry about that. Few weeks later, same issue happened again. 

The other power supply never failed. I thought maybe the UPS unit worn the other one out. Part number is 490095-001.

2 REPLIES 2
Monkfish_1
Occasional Contributor

Re: MSA2324sa G2 power supply issues?

Yes, had a similar annoying issue which is still ongoing:

One PSU failed with a DC bus failure, followed shortly after by the other PSU, also DC bus failure. Robbed a PSU from an uncommissioned MSA2324sa G2 as we only had standard warranty on the failed device but it would not come back on line unless it had two functioning PSUs - I can find no documentation to explain this - so we purchased two spare PSUs and installed them before HP sent out the warranty replacements. When the robbed PSU was returned to its original device it failed immediately, with DC bus failure. I'm in the process of jumping through hoops to get this PSU replaced as I get the impression HP think I'm trying to hoodwink them by having three failures so close together, when in fact we had a significant outage caused by shortcomings in the PSUs in their products. Three PSUs of similar age in two different devices, one of which hasn't been powered up for anywhere near as many hours as the other, all fail at roughly the same time? Something isn't right. Its like the DL380 G5 PSU problem all over again.

Laurent_11
Occasional Advisor

Re: MSA2324sa G2 power supply issues?

Thanks for the comments! Anything new? Did you find out from HP what's going on with this?