7160 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion

MSA2324sa expansion question

cryst07
Occasional Visitor

MSA2324sa expansion question

Hi all!

I have MSA2324sa with 20 300Gb drives. They united in two Vdisks. Now I plan to expand this array and I have two questions:

1. Is it possible to add HDDs of the largest capacity and what drive capacity is the maximum for this array?

2. If the answer on the previous question is positive, could I expand existing Vdisks using the space of added ones, or I could only create new Vdisk from them?

P.S. This thread has been moved from General to Storage Area Networks (SAN) (Small and Medium Business). - Hp Forum Moderator

1 REPLY 1
Mark Matthews
Respected Contributor

Re: MSA2324sa expansion question

Hi,
In the main unit itself (ie without any expansion trays) you can have a maximum storage limit of 21.6 TB SAS or 24TB SAS MDL.

According to the quickspecs, it looks like the largest drives available are either...

HP 900GB 6G SAS 10K rpm SFF (2.5-inch) Dual Port Enterprise 3yr Warranty Hard Drive 619291-B21

or

HP 1TB 6G SAS 7.2K rpm SFF (2.5-inch) Dual Port Midline 1yr Warranty Hard Drive 605835-B21

Depends if you want the speed / higher reliability (Enterprise level) or the capacity (Midline level)

Thanks,

Mark...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please click the white Kudos star to the left if this post is helpful :)