1753575 Members
5951 Online
108796 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: MSL5030L1 STORAGEWORKS

CA907260
Advisor

MSL5030L1 STORAGEWORKS

I have the above drive configured as 1host and 2drives connected to a windows 2000 server. When I backup to drive 2 using Backup Exec it backs up but when verifying it comes up with an error to check my cabling and the drive goes off line. I have swopped the drives around, but what ever drive I connect in the 2nd bay does not verify but does back up.

Please Help!
3 REPLIES 3
meloni
Honored Contributor

I would suggest you to download StorageWorkLibrary and Tapetools, run the test especialy the read/write test and see the results.
Did you try to make a backup withour verify and and restore the data?
I suspect a connectivity problem, check for bent pins or loose connection on the cabling
Try to swapp drives position or cable position
---------------X-------------------X--------------------X----------------X--------------
If everything is under control, you are going too slow (Mario Andretti)
CA907260
Advisor

Thanks for the reply!

What I have noticed is whichever drive is connected on the host cable is the drive that fails to verify. I have swopped host cables and am currently testing. If that does not bring results than I suspect the SCSI card on my server. If you have any other suggestions please let me know.
BR766329
Advisor

You also can test the drives as stand alones. Put a scsi cable from your server to your drive and put a terminator on the other connector. Load a tape in the unit through the frontpanel of the library. Do a device configuration in Veritas and test...

Leon