1748008 Members
4423 Online
108757 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Managed logs warning:

Rogger007
Advisor

Managed logs warning:

Managed logs warning: A log region has reached its warning level and should be archived before log data is lost. (region: SC debug, region code: 5)

I am receiving this message continueously and I have clear the events on both controllers and restart the controller but still i am receving this alert . any suggestions to solve this problem

7 REPLIES 7
Dennis Handly
Acclaimed Contributor

What model disk array do you have?

Rogger007
Advisor

it is P2000G3 SAS

Rogger007
Advisor

I have close this managed log service

AS23
Occasional Visitor

I did the same but I am still getting those alerts continuously.

Please help

hseartem

I have too
Error 402 "managed logs wrapped a log region has wrapped and data has been lost"
TechSupport, what make?

If you are not sure about "managed logs" option then please disabled this option to stop receiving these events or alerts. Please find the procedure to stop this from SMU,

To enable or disable managed logs
1. In the Configuration View panel, right-click the system and select Configuration > Advanced Settings > System Utilities.
2. Either select (enable) or clear (disable) the Managed Logs option. This option is disabled by default.
3. Click Apply.

Hope this helps!
Regards
Subhajit

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!

***********************************************************************************

I work for HPE
Accept or Kudo
Shawn_K
HPE Pro

If your managed logs are wrapping that fast there is something that needs to be investigated. Typically the managed logs generate events and alerts at a rate that causes the logs to be generated every couple of months. If you are seeing log generation events every week or every day then there is an item that needs your attention.

Typical events that may cause the logs to wrap are drive errors. Check and confirm your drives are not generating drive error alerts or smart trip errors. Enabling scrub will also help detect drive errors and ensure your vdisk or disk-group is healthy.

You shouild also check the NTP time settings. If the NTP setting is enabled but not set correctly, then the array will generate a time sync event which can cause logs to wrap. You can either verify the NTP server is correctly set and the array can sync or manually set the time and disable the NTP setting.

If you elect to disable manual logs be sure you are monitoring your array by having alerts set to a WARNING level. If a CRITCAL or WARNING event occurs be sure to gather logs in case they are needed to further troubleshoot your issue.

Cheers,

Shawn

I work for HPE

Accept or Kudo