MSA Storage
1753464 Members
4645 Online
108794 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Mongodb, Apache-Tomcat and other application working slowly when hpe msa 2040 storage disks upgr

muradsamadov
Occasional Visitor

Mongodb, Apache-Tomcat and other application working slowly when hpe msa 2040 storage disks upgrade

HPE MSA Storage 2040 and all HDDs have been updated. However, after the update the system slowed down at the application level. Applications were delayed for example: MongoDB responded to queries late, Apache-Tomcat working very slowly. how can i solve this?

Note: When updating the controller and HDD, all virtual machines connected to that storage were poweroff. All VMs working Centos OS and each other.

3 REPLIES 3
SanjeevGoyal
HPE Pro

Re: Mongodb, Apache-Tomcat and other application working slowly when hpe msa 2040 storage disks upgr

Hello,

AS per shared your query, we have to check so many think for latency issues.

1. This is FC, iSCSI, or SAS MSA 2040.
  2. How many hosts connected with the MSA 2040.
  3. What is the connectivity diagram?
  4. What is the status of the unit now? Is it Up & running / Completely down / Up but degraded ?
  5. What is exactly the issue?
  6. When did this issue occur? Date and Time?
  7. Was the MSA 2040 was working before the firmware update?
  8. Issue with the only one application or any other operations?
  9. What is the current controller firmware?
  10. I would suggest you power off the connected host before controller firmware updates.
  11. Make sure MSA 2040 should be a healthy state before controller firmware updates.
  12. After controller firmware update follow the below power cycle of MSA.

Power Cycle:

1. Power off all the connected hosts.
  2. Power off the MSA 2040 after 5-10 minutes or completely powering off the hosts.тАЩ
  3. Wait for 5-10 minutes, once every think power off.
  4. Power ON the MSA 2040 first and wait for five minutes to all drive spin up.
  5. Power ON the hosts, once MSA 2040 status shows healthy.
  6. Let us know if the issue still persists.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!   

Regards,

I am a HPE Employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo

muradsamadov
Occasional Visitor

1.This is FC, iSCSI, or SAS MSA 2040. - Esxi Host connected SAS MSA 2040 storage with FC
2.How many hosts connected with the MSA 2040. - 50 Hosts
3.What is the connectivity diagram? -
4.What is the status of the unit now? Is it Up & running / Completely down / Up but degraded ? - Is it Up & running
5.What is exactly the issue? - when upgrade MSA 2040 storage and disks, centos application (tomcat, mongodb,elasticsearch and others) working slow. We are remove tomcat war file again deploy and normal worked. Mongodo VM removed and configure again and normally worked
6.When did this issue occur? Date and Time? - upgrade time
7.Was the MSA 2040 was working before the firmware update? - yes normally working
8.Issue with the only one application or any other operations? - other application and other vms
9.What is the current controller firmware? - GL225P002-02
10.I would suggest you power off the connected host before controller firmware updates. - yes, when upgrading process we are power off esxi host
11.Make sure MSA 2040 should be a healthy state before controller firmware updates. - yes health state
12.After controller firmware update follow the below power cycle of MSA.

Power Cycle:

1.Power off all the connected hosts.
2.Power off the MSA 2040 after 5-10 minutes or completely powering off the hosts.тАЩ
3.Wait for 5-10 minutes, once every think power off.
4.Power ON the MSA 2040 first and wait for five minutes to all drive spin up.
5.Power ON the hosts, once MSA 2040 status shows healthy.
6.Let us know if the issue still persists.

SanjeevGoyal
HPE Pro

Hello,

Thank you for your prompt reply.

I would suggest you have a proper case be logged with HPE for latency issues because we have to check and verify each and everything thoroughly to understand the issue and share the appropriate logs for further analysis.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!   

Regards,

I am a HPE Employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo