1753927 Members
9393 Online
108810 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Monitor MSA2312fc I/O Performance

Rick Mancinelli
Occasional Advisor

Monitor MSA2312fc I/O Performance

Does anyone have any idea how I can go about monitoring the I/O performance of my MSA2312fc? There does not seem to be any sort of performance monitoring capabilities in the SMU.
3 REPLIES 3
James Muell
Valued Contributor

Re: Monitor MSA2312fc I/O Performance

This is the same situation as the original MSA100 and 1500. I measured performance from the switches using the 'portperfshow' command to view i/o across all sw ports.
Rick Mancinelli
Occasional Advisor

Yeah, this is pretty lousy IMO. If I had known this in advance, I would have looked more carefully at the EVA4400.

I talked with HP Support on the issue and was told that Engineering was "considering" adding this capability in a future firmware release but that, predictably, there were no guarantees.

I did see an SNMP MIB out there, but I haven't surfed through it yet to see if it has any of the detail we would expect to see (such as read IOPS, write IOPS, etc). If it does, I could probably wrestle with it long enough to get it working with our management tools...but this is a heck of a lot more work than I signed up for. :)
James Muell
Valued Contributor

I feel yr pain.

If you have a SIM installation you could upload the mib and go discover the device to see. its free sftwr.