MSA Storage
1752574 Members
4284 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: More help.. Qlogic, MSA1000, SecurPath, help...

SOLVED
Go to solution
BR845171
Occasional Contributor

More help.. Qlogic, MSA1000, SecurPath, help...

Here's what I have.. MSA1k two switches(internal to MSA)

I have 5 servers connected to the switches. 3 of the servers have two Qlogic cards. The other two have one Qlogic card.

Ok.. the single connection server are listed in SSP (selective storage presentation) no problems. I have identified them by the FCID.

One of the servers with dual QL is available by both FCID (In SSP) and it appears redundant path is working (Install SecurePath on this box) and displayed the config.

The other two servers with two QL cards are only seen in SSP by one FCID. I have installed securepath on them but when I try to display it gives me an error. (cannot read config)

Any help is appreciated.

oh.. and I have looked in the switch config and I can see ALL the QL cards on their appropriate ports etc...

Thanks for any help...

--Steve
5 REPLIES 5
Stephen Kebbell
Honored Contributor
Solution

Hi,

I would guess that the Dual QL server is the one where you are running ACU.
Have a look at my answer in this thread:
http://forums1.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/questionanswer.do?threadId=758229

If you run ACU on one of the other Dual QL servers, and go into the SSP config, you should see the 2nd HBA for that server. Repeat on the 3rd server. Then you should have all HBAs listed in SSP. Setup access for the HBAs, and see if SecurePath displays the info properly then.

Regards,
Stephen
BR845171
Occasional Contributor

Yep.. I got it.. it did take me a minute to figure out that I had to actually set then name and host type.. then save from each of the other two servers (with dual HBA) for ACU SSP to keep the HBA's listed in SSP.

Thanks for the help ! Looks good at this point

Happy Holidays !

--Steve
Steven Clementi
Honored Contributor

Steve:

Just remember that is you lose Controller A, your hosts with only one HBA will lose all connectivity to your storage.

(Unless you have ISL'd the 2 SAN switches effectively making both controllers available to a single HBA. Not sure if this is a supported configuration.)

Steven
Steven Clementi
HP Master ASE, Storage, Servers, and Clustering
MCSE (NT 4.0, W2K, W2K3)
VCP (ESX2, Vi3, vSphere4, vSphere5, vSphere 6.x)
RHCE
NPP3 (Nutanix Platform Professional)
BR845171
Occasional Contributor

Right..I understand that.. the single HBA boxes are test and development.. thus...

Thanks again !!! Really great support here and I will remember that when its time to purchase again ;)

Best,

--Steve
Uwe Zessin
Honored Contributor

Great support, yes. Stephen and Steven are very knowledgeable and helpful people. Please consider a small reward for their effords:
http://forums1.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/bizsupport/helptips.do?#28