Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need Sanity Check on connect MSA2050 as Enclosure to existing MSA2040 Array

DomainMgr
Regular Visitor

Need Sanity Check on connect MSA2050 as Enclosure to existing MSA2040 Array

Hello HPE folks,

I am looking for a sanity check on whether it is supported to connect a new MSA2050 (as an enclosure) to an existing MSA2040 array.  I haven't been able to find documentation one way or another.  Anyone know the answer, or a link to docs?

(There is another thread similar to this, discussing startup procedure, but I wasn't sure the compatibility question had been touched.)

Thanks!
Mike

2 REPLIES 2
arun_r
Frequent Advisor

Re: Need Sanity Check on connect MSA2050 as Enclosure to existing MSA2040 Array

Hi Mike,

The query is a bit confusing. I have explained two scenarios below::

MSA 2050 enclosure with MSA 2050 controllers installed is not recommended to be connected to MSA 2040 enclosure with MSA 2040 controllers installed.

.If you are referring to the addition of  MSA 2050 disk enclosure with IO modules installed to MSA 2040 controller enclosure,. it is is indeed compatible.. From MSA 2040 quickspecs:

https://h20195.www2.hpe.com/v2/GetDocument.aspx?docname=c04123144

The MSA 2040 storage systems have supported various SFF and LFF disk enclosures over time. The
latest disk enclosures to be supported on the MSA 2040 platform are the MSA 2050 SFF Disk Enclosure
and the MSA 2050 LFF Disk Enclosures. The MSA 2050 SFF and LFF enclosures can be added to
existing MSA 2040 storage systems for expansion disk capacity. The MSA 2050 SFF and LFF disk
enclosures can be intermixed with the D2700 SFF disk enclosure and/or the MSA 2040 LFF disk
enclosure.
The MSA 2050 SFF and LFF disk enclosures are the recommended enclosures to be used for capacity
expansion on the MSA 2040 storage system.

I am an HPE Employee

Accept or Kudo

arun_r
Frequent Advisor

Re: Need Sanity Check on connect MSA2050 as Enclosure to existing MSA2040 Array

Hello Mike,

Can you please help us to understand if the shared info answers your query?

This will help everyone who are all following your forum.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!

I am an HPE Employee

Accept or Kudo