MSA Storage
1753266 Members
5164 Online
108792 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: No disk in Windows with MSA2000i

Kyle Heath

No disk in Windows with MSA2000i

I have an existing MSA2000i setup with 6 disks in the enclosure in Raid5 with a spare, I built the array, set it to LUN 0, Globally Available and mapped the IQN and in Windows Disk Management I have a basic disk. This has been great for months, so I buy 6 more disks and build a second array, raid5 with spare again and assign LUN 1 and then map the IQN. All goes well and my array is online and mapped but Windows doesnt see the disk, have I missed something when adding a second array, do I need a second IQN to map from to this array.

Its been a while since I setup the SAN so have forgotten a bit, I am sure I am close just missing something out, any ideas?
2 REPLIES 2
Kyle Heath

I think I have solved it, I noted the second VDISK is on Raid Controller B not A. This means I just need to patch the ethernet port on the SAN to the iSCSI switch and connect the iSCSI Intiator to the target IP address and then my LUN mapping should work.
Uwe Zessin
Honored Contributor

Your observation is correct:

one controller manages a complete virtual disk and all its volumes at a time. Unlike many other arrays, the second controller does not present any (standby) paths for non-owned volumes.