4578 Online
108759 Solutions
New Discussion

P2000 G3 Controller firmware upgrade fail

phlegmer
Occasional Advisor

P2000 G3 Controller firmware upgrade fail

Greetings,

We have 2 P2000 MSA G3's in production where each one has 2 SAS controllers installed.  This past weekend I scheduled time to update the firmware on all for controllers from TS252R007 --> TS252P001  (REF LINK)

The first MSA updated just fine with no errors.  The second MSA not so much.  It failed on the first controller and it appears to be no longer functioning.  This is what I saw while it was updating:

"SC has not rebooted after 240 seconds.  Quitting Storage Controller Code failed to load.  Stopping firmware update process.  MC Will restart.  Please reapply the firmware update once the MC has restarted.

===================================================
MC Software::  Unknown
SC Software:  Failed
EC Software:  Not Attempted
===================================================

Status *** Code Load Fail ***
Restarting Management Controller...
Return_Code:  10"

Now when I log into that controller, none of the vdisk / volumes are listed or any components for that matter.  I did shut it down, reseated the controller, and then tried re-installing the firmware with no success.  Thankfully I have a 2nd controller installed where I can still see all the volumes and other components. 

Does anyone have suggestions what to do next to

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
phlegmer
Occasional Advisor

Re: P2000 G3 Controller firmware upgrade fail

Also like to add that the way I've updated the firmware was from the controller's web interface firmware upgrade section and browsing to the downloaded / extracted .bin file.  I just now attempted to update the controller via the .exe and entering in the IP, credentials and get the following:

2016-04-19 15_22_49-HPE Setup  10.8.99.28.png

Is there a method to "de-brick" the controller?  How could this happen since the method of flashing was the same as the 2 prior successful ones?

Thanks

Albyz

Re: P2000 G3 Controller firmware upgrade fail

I have the same problem... have you found a solution?