New Discussion юеВ

P2000 G3 SAS problem with a FRU Event A9060 Event Code 8

SOLVED
Go to solution
PauloChandelie8
Occasional Contributor

P2000 G3 SAS problem with a FRU Event A9060 Event Code 8

Good morning friends

A few days ago, a disk presented a problem, and RAID 6 was degraded. I made a purchase for another new disk, HP stamp and then inserted it for RAID was rebuilt.
When I came back to see the result, I came across the still degraded RAID and these alerts that are in print.
I searched the forums for the error codes but found nothing like that. I need a lot of support on how to proceed now.

4 REPLIES 4

Re: P2000 G3 SAS problem with a FRU Event A9060 Event Code 8

need more information..........as per the screenshot it looks to me Drive at location Enc 1 Slot 4 shows lots of hardware or medium error. Finally it got failed on 19th March around 22:34 and that is why vdisk went to degraded state..........you need to provide info like what was the drive failed earlier and what you observe wrong here ?

try if you can attach MSA log here........may be if size too big it will not allow.............

I work for HPE
Accept or Kudo
Shawn_K
HPE Pro

The drive you have installed EF0600FATFF is not a supported HDD for the MSA P2000 array. So one issue you will face is the drive may not be handling errors, scrub, or IO correctly. The error reports in the screenshot indicate UREs. Since this is an older drive it might not be 100% healthy.

I would recommend a backup of your data and adding a supported spare drive. Removing the unsupported drive and rebuilding to the new supported spare.

For a list of supported Hard Drives you can referr to the following link:  https://support.hpe.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?docId=emr_na-c04315770

Cheers,

Shawn

I work for HPE

Accept or Kudo

PauloChandelie8
Occasional Contributor

Good Morning

First, thanks for the comeback!

I'm left attached to the equipment log.

Hugs

Solution

Thank you for sharing the log file. I see you had issue with drive at location Enc 1 Slot 4  with drive model: ST3600057SS. This drive was failed on 24th Feb 2018 and later replaced by another drive with drive model: EF0600FATFF

As Shawn mentioned I have same opinion that drive model EF0600FATFF not part of MSA drive matrix so shouldn't be used. I see in this system you are using same drive at location Enc 1 slot 4 as well as Enc 1 Slot 6

From the logs I see the moment new drive used as Global spare and vdisk reconstruction started. New drive started logging medium errors and other errors. So 1st impression this drive itself looks bad to me. 2nd thing this drive not supported with P2000 box. Attached is the screenshot of drive error counter for your reference

Now coming to major portion, this system running with expired or unsupported version of Controller firmware TS201R015 whereas latest available firmware TS252P005. So any abnormal behavior expected. Please follow the customer advisory which was released sometime back which covers this. This is not latest document but contains useful information about firmware,

https://support.hpe.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?sp4ts.oid=5386548&docLocale=en_US&docId=emr_na-c04650693

My suggestion would be to use HUS156060VLS600 or ST3600057SS or EH0600JDYTL like you are already using in other slots. These are supported models for MSA. Then consider upgrading Controller firmware and drive firmware by planning downtime as you are running with expired version now.

Links to get Controller firmware,

www.hpe.com/storage/MSAFirmware 

In order to search drive firmware you can use below link,
https://support.hpe.com/hpesc/public/home/result?qt=p2000

I work for HPE
Accept or Kudo