MSA Storage
1745781 Members
3509 Online
108722 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

P2000 G3 - Unable to delete remote-system(s).

FrankMaia
Occasional Contributor

P2000 G3 - Unable to delete remote-system(s).

Hi,

I need help cuz iam trying to delete 2 remote system but i received the error: invalid remote address specified, already restart managemente and storage (Both), still cant delete the 2 remote-systems.

8 REPLIES 8
Shawn_K
HPE Pro

Re: P2000 G3 - Unable to delete remote-system(s).

Hello,

Be sure you have cleaned up and schedules, snap pools, and snap shots prior to attempting to delete the remote system. From the screenshot it appears you have a three way replication occurring. You will need to clean up the replication sets first prior to deleting the remote system.

Cheers,
Shawn

I work for HPE

Accept or Kudo

In addition to Shawn reply, I want to add few more inputs here..............

I understand Hosts are FC hosts but you haven't mentioned how those hosts are added to this MSA. If those hosts are auto discovered then I would suggest to take action from SAN Switch and remove these host HBA or Host HBA port details from Zoning. After that restart both MSA controllers. This should remove the Host entries.

If hosts are added manually then you check for any extra space before or after the name of the Host. So try these options at the time of deletion operation of the Host. That may help to remove the hosts.

Hope this helps!
Regards
Subhajit

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!

***********************************************************************************

I work for HPE
Accept or Kudo
FrankMaia
Occasional Contributor

Hi Shawn,

Thanks for your replay, i do not have schedules, snap pools, snapshots and replication sets, pls see the attach.

Regards,

Frank

FrankMaia
Occasional Contributor

Hi Subhajit,

The hosts are okay, just need to delete the remote-system, pls see the attach.

from error it looks to me remote system not able to recognize for some reason. I would suggest to try CLI method and try the below commands,

# show remote-systems

# delete remote-system HUNMSA02

# show remote-systems

# delete remote-system msa2000_bzit2

# show remote-systems

Hope this helps!
Regards
Subhajit

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!

***********************************************************************************

I work for HPE
Accept or Kudo
FrankMaia
Occasional Contributor

Hi Subhajit,

Still cant delete the remote-systems via CLI same error.

Shawn_K
HPE Pro

Hello Frank,

That error message appears some times when you are trying to delete the replication system from the destination device instead of the source.

Did you try from the CLI on HUNMSA02 to delete the remote-systems? 

Cheers,

Shawn

I work for HPE

Accept or Kudo

FrankMaia
Occasional Contributor

Hi Shawn,

Even by CLI I can not delete, I noticed that even if I put the name of a remote-system that does not exist returns the same error, these remote-system were not created by me were imported from a refurbish controller, I have the impression that they no longer exist, but they do not disappear of the history, have a command to force the delete or to clean the history of the remotesystemset.

Regards,

Frank