1751894 Members
5073 Online
108783 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: P2000 G3 firmware upgrade stuck on Restarting MC

gparker
Advisor

P2000 G3 firmware upgrade stuck on Restarting MC

Hi, I am trying to upgrade the firmware on my P2000 G3 from TS200R021 to TS251P006-02 using the online ROM flash component for Windows tool. The tool has discovered the 2 controllers, told me what their management IPs and current firmware version is, tells me both controllers are operational and is sitting on the "Restarting MC.. Please Wait..." step for the last 1/2 hour. How long does it take to restart the MC?? What can I do??

Regards,

George.

2 REPLIES 2
Torsten.
Acclaimed Contributor

What is the status now, some hours later?

The update takes usually around 20min for the first controller and 45min for the second +/-, because the second is updated via PFU.

Hope this helps!
Regards
Torsten.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!   
gparker
Advisor

Hi Torsten,

The status is that I logged a case with HP support, case ID is 4650659109. The HP support person told me that a direct upgrade from TS200R021 to TS251P006-02 cannot be done. I have to do an interim upgrade to TS230P008 first. I find it very lame that the ROM upgrade tool does not tell me this. In fact, the TS251 tool logs onto the P2000 and reports the current firmware version being TS200 and allows me to do the upgrade! If it is unsupported then it should NOT allow the upgrade to start!

Anyhow, I ended up having to do the TS230 upgrade via FTP and is succeeded on Controller A but failed on Controller B. So now I have to visit the datacenter and unseat Controller A altogether and re-attempt the FTP upgrade to Controller B. I will do this on Monday.

Regards,

George.