MSA Storage
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

P2000 MSA iSCSI Disk Firmware Upgrade Failing for EG0600FBLSH 10K 600GB SFF SAS drive

Dave Baddorf
Occasional Advisor

P2000 MSA iSCSI Disk Firmware Upgrade Failing for EG0600FBLSH 10K 600GB SFF SAS drive

Hello,

I am trying to find the firmware to update the EG0600FBLSH 10K 600GB SFF SAS drives that we have on a customer's new P2000 SAN.  Some of the drives have HPD6 and some have HPD7, but I simply can't find the HPD7 firmware which works.  

After much searching I found the file EG0600FBLSH7.frm (from the following link http://bizsupport1.austin.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareDescription.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodTypeId=329290&prodSeriesId=1127655&swItem=co-114693-1&prodNameId=4343345&swEnvOID=1060&swLang=8&taskId=135&mode=4&idx=0, which is for Integrity Diagnostics - not sure what this is, and tried to use the SMU to upgrade the firmware on these drives with this .frm file.  However it keeps failing:

The disk is not a supported device. Since the vendor ID is not 'ATA' the default SAS firmware-update algorithm will be used. This may not successfully update the disk.
Sending firmware to the Storage Controller buffer.
Updating firmware for the disk at enclosure = 1, slot = 1. This may take several minutes.
SCSI command error. Retrying.

Can anyone provide any insight on where I can get the correct .frm file for these drives?  I'd greatly appreciate it!

Thanks.. Dave

2 REPLIES 2
Torsten.
Acclaimed Contributor

Re: P2000 MSA iSCSI Disk Firmware Upgrade Failing for EG0600FBLSH 10K 600GB SFF SAS drive

The firmware you found is made for the update tool on HP Integrity servers - Itanium based systems used for HP-UX.

Don't use the file.

Maybe it takes a while until hp release the firmware for the P2000.

Hope this helps!
Regards
Torsten.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!   
Dave Baddorf
Occasional Advisor

Re: P2000 MSA iSCSI Disk Firmware Upgrade Failing for EG0600FBLSH 10K 600GB SFF SAS drive

Torsten,

Thanks for your response!  So I guess that I'll just need to wait for the firmware.  I appreciate your help...

Dave