7025 Online
108811 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Drive not visible

warwick4400
Occasional Advisor

P2000 MSA - new disk not found

Hello.

Complete newbie here. On our P2000 G3 SAS, one of the five RAID6 vdisks failed. We ordered a replacement.  For what it's worth, the associate confirmed via chat that the drive is compatible.

I've inserted the new drive into slot 21, but it's not found. I tried slots 22, 23, and 24, but no luck.

On the actual drive, the Fault LED (on right) is solid amber and the Activity LED is alternating between amber and green at a regular rate.

Please let me know what other info is needed to troubleshoot this.

Thank you!

6 REPLIES 6
warwick4400
Occasional Advisor

Re: P2000 MSA - new disk not found

When I look at the Front Graphical and Front Tabular views, the drive is not visible.

Also, the 'preferred owner' and 'current owner' of this vdisk is controller A and there are no warnings with it.

warwick4400
Occasional Advisor

Rebuilding?

From p. 53 of 'HP P2000 G3 FC/iSCSI MSA SystemUser Guide' - 'online/activity LED is blinking' ... 'The drive is rebuilding'

I read that rebuilding can be measured in days sometimes, so maybe that's all it's doing. I'll give it some time. 

TTr
Honored Contributor

Re: Rebuilding?

> When I look at the Front Graphical and Front Tabular views, the drive is not visible.

>  ... 'The drive is rebuilding'

Is the drive visible in the array interface? Check the event log to verify that there is an event that says something like " A PHY was enabled..." If you don't see the drive then there is something wrong.

Also for the rebuilding part, there should be events logged that say "Vdisk reconstruction started..."

And yes, the reconstruction can take long time sometimes over 1-2 days.

warwick4400
Occasional Advisor

Re: Rebuilding?

Hi. Thanks for the response.

When I navigate to Physical > Enclosure and then look at the Front Graphical or Front Tabular, the drive is not visible.  All other drives are visible.

How do I get to the 'array interface' ?

The event log shows: Code # 275 and the following message: 'A PHYS was enabled. (enclosure: 1, module (enabled path to this disk): B, disk slot: 23).

Unfortunately I don't see any messages about Vdisk reconstruction.

warwick4400
Occasional Advisor

Drive not visible

Before I buy new drives, anything else I can do to figure out why the drive isn't visible?  

I've tried 'Rescan Disk Channels' but no luck.

warwick4400
Occasional Advisor

Re: Drive not visible

Any other helpful thoughts on this issue would be much appreciated.

Thanks.