1751954 Members
4780 Online
108783 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Password reset MSA 1050

elChaka
Occasional Collector

Password reset MSA 1050

Hello! I apologize for the google translate.
Please, help me how to reset the password from the user manage. The password from the monitor remained default.
how can i reset the password?

I tried to login as written here https://community.hpe.com/t5/MSA-Storage/MSA-1050-can-t-login/m-p/7065653#M13217
I didn’t connect through the putty, it turned out through the hyperterminal (windows)

But can't log in
did like this "User: restoreddefaults
Pass: FROM THE CURRENT CONSOLE SCREEN (like SN: 00C0FF44696B)"

i tried different options and serial number like password and mac address, both uppercase and lowercase. Doesn't accept password

Also, if possible, tell me how to upgrade to a new firmware version, if I can get access to the management
Current firmware VE100R002

thanks in advance!

9 REPLIES 9
support_s
System Recommended

Query: Password reset MSA 1050

System recommended content:

1. HPE MSA 1050 User Guide

If the above information is helpful, then please click on "Thumbs Up/Kudo" icon.

Thank you for being a HPE community member.

Accept or Kudo

ArunKKR
HPE Pro

Hi,

Default user name password would be manage / !manage

The steps to reset password using user name : restoreusers or restoredefaults  usually does not work with VE100 firmware version.

You could try the same steps with user name : restoreusers

https://community.hpe.com/t5/MSA-Storage/MSA-1050-can-t-login/m-p/7065653#M13217

Both the controllers needs to replaced together after removing power to MSA if you are unable to log into array.

While I am an HPE Employee, all of my comments (whether noted or not), are my own and are not any official representation of the company

Accept or Kudo

elChaka
Occasional Collector

thanks! I will try and le know if it helped or not

JonPaul
HPE Pro

@elChaka 
Another option to try would be to login to the FTP and update the firmware using the ftp/!ftp user.  Once updated to a more recent version of firmware the restoreusers process from the USB CLI should work.

I work for HPE
CarlosAmnesia
Visitor

Hi elChaka, did you solved your problem? I have the same problem that you. I have MSA 1050 ve100 firmware. I've tryed by CLI mode but doesn't work.

Could you help me please?

Thanks.

ArunKKR
HPE Pro

Hi Carlos,

Password reset does not usually work with VE100/VL100 firmware version.

You could try the firmware update through ftp method as suggested by Paul

While I am an HPE Employee, all of my comments (whether noted or not), are my own and are not any official representation of the company

Accept or Kudo

CarlosAmnesia
Visitor

@ArunKKR 

Hi ArunKKR,

I have tried but the FTP ports are not open, connection refused.

ArunKKR
HPE Pro

Hi,

Unfortunately, we dont have any further options in this scenario.

You could log an HPE support case and get the controllers replaced together if the MSA is under warranty.

Accept or Kudo

elchaka2

Greetings. I apologize for not answering for a long time, because unable to reset forum password.

No, it was not possible to reset the password on the storage. My inexperienced colleague had to go through all the steps, but he did not succeed. He was supposed to bring the storageto me so that I would try to reset the password myself, but in the end this did not happen. The storage is collecting dust)
As far as I understand, on this firmware it will not be possible to reset the password, you need to contact those support so that they can reset the password remotely for a fee (or for free with a contract).