1748169 Members
4235 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Presented Vdisks fail to initialize

nick cleary
Occasional Contributor

Presented Vdisks fail to initialize

I have been attempting to present a collection of vdisks to a server but they all fail to initialize.

I am getting the error in disk management
"The operation did not complete, please see system event log for more details"
There are no errors in the system event log!

The disks i have presented are being constantly replicated to, will this make a difference?

I have attempted to assign it as a LUN also.

I am using Command View 7.0 and the server it is presenting the disks to is Server2k3 R2 SP2

One other strange occurance is that the disk is presented as 4 disks within disk management.

Thanks in advance
5 REPLIES 5
Jorge HP
Advisor

You will need firstable the MPIO software for your windows version, this will make that you only see one disk presented to the server.

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/ProductList.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodTypeId=18964&prodSeriesId=421492&taskId=135

Try it and then see what it happens ;)

nick cleary
Occasional Contributor

The HP MPIO DSM Volume Information Provider service is running but the Manager monitor is not, should that make a difference?
Jorge HP
Advisor

did you restart the server?

Try to use the MPIO client command line to see the paths that the server is detecting, try to restart the service.

It could be something about the mpio installation, did you install the correct mpio version?
nick cleary
Occasional Contributor

I have restarted the server a number of times,

it is the same version of MPIO i am using on a number of identical servers. the only difference between them is that these disks are being replicated to, would the fact they are in dr groups affect initialization?
Renato Faria

My server stop and start the service "HP MPIO DSM Volume Information Provider" every time. Is it normal?