1753867 Members
7380 Online
108809 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Presenting LUN from EVA3000 to Host

BRIAN SCHOENDORF
Occasional Contributor

Presenting LUN from EVA3000 to Host

First: I'm not trained on EVAs so I'm learning as I go.

We have an EVA3000 and 3 W2K servers running Secure Path v4. When I present a LUN to one of the servers, Secure Path kicks in and the LUN becomes available. If I present a LUN to either one of the other two servers nothing occurs. I've tried a rescan in disk Management and device Manager, but the LUN never appears. The Secure Path agent is running according to processes in Task Mgr.

Are there any diags, utilities or something I can run to check and see if the Secure Path software is running correctly? Should I re-install ?

Any assistance would be appreciated. The vendor who sold and setup our EVA's and provides support is lacking at this point.
4 REPLIES 4
tharrold
Frequent Advisor

Have you checked the zoning at the FC switch, and the LUN masking at the EVA level (command view) just to ensure that you *can* present LUNs to the other two hosts?

I've also seen cases where (for whatever reason) exiting out of the disk management tool, and re-entering the management tool can help. (whereas re-scanning does not work)

-tjh
Sheldon Smith
HPE Pro

Are you talking about the same LUN on all three servers? Until the Windows host with the LUN 'lets go', any others will not have access.
Is this a cluster? To set up, you need to shut down all but one node, set up the LUN accesses, quick-format the drives, and record the LUN to drive/mount point associations. Then shut that node down, go to another, and set up the LUN to drive/mount point associations exactly like the first. Repeat this process for each node in the cluster. Then form your cluster.
Once running, a given LUN will be available on only one host at a time.

Note: While I am an HPE Employee, all of my comments (whether noted or not), are my own and are not any official representation of the company

Accept or Kudo

gurdeep_2
Frequent Advisor

HBAnywhere has a utility for Emulex Fibre channel cards and HBAnywhere has a utility for QLogic fibre cards.
Go to hp.com, choos enterprise business, storage, san infrastructure, fibre channel cards and look for utilities under your card.
That'll help to see if your server is in contact with the EVA controllers.

Also make sure the Windows 2000 servers are running Win2k-SP4

What specific version of Secure Path are you running? Run the latest available. - test first!!!
BRIAN SCHOENDORF
Occasional Contributor

Thanks.
It turns out that the ports for each server were reversed in command view. Once I corrected that everything started working.