MSA Storage
1752608 Members
4279 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Problem with SAn configuration

Problem with SAn configuration

Hello,

We have encountered a problem in our computer room (power cut) and the Controller of our bay SAN switch to the left controler instead of the right.

How could i switch the right San controler by default. I remember we can do that with secure path but can not remember how to ?

We have a MSA 1000 with 2 controler.

If you need more details let me know.

Thanks.
Gerald.
5 REPLIES 5
BR908501

Gerald,

You can set a path as the preferred path using the command
spmgr prefer path_instance
When the system reboots this preferred path will be used.
BR908501

If you want the secure path to always use the prefered controller if its is availiable then you can use the set command to enable auto-restore
# spmgr set -a on WWWN

Thanks for your answer, i call hP and with Secure Path Manager 4.0 we can do it by selecting "move to other controller" and the disks switch to the other controller.

Regards

In the documentation for SecurPatch Manager

spmgr select -c

this command moves a LUN unit to the other controlleur.
The documentation says also that the web based Secure Path Manager "select -c is referred to as "move to other controller"

What i wondering is that if i need to do that for each grap of disks or if i change it for one it does for all the disks.

I call hp they tell me all the disks will change controller but i have some doubt.

Thanks for your help.
BR908501

If you use the spmgr select command it will switch the controller and all disks will use the new one. but this can happen again next time when there a smilar power problem. If you set a prefered path and set autorecover, the controller will automatically failback after it is recovered.