MSA Storage
1753710 Members
4637 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Proliants booting to VA7400

CA981471

Proliants booting to VA7400

I have 20 Proliant dl-360's booting to VA 7400's via 3 isl'd HP 16b and 2 8b Fibre channel switches. Randomly, all the Proliants systems Blue Screen at the same time with Stop:c000021a unknown hard error. I also have 4 HPUX 11.11 systems booting to the SAN that are not effected. I have zoned the switches into Windows and HPUX and have implemented secure manager for LUN masking. I am using the FCA2101 adapters with the 4.81.9a drivers and the 1.60a5 boot bios with the 3.82a1 firmware. My switches are running the v3.0.2k firmware and the VA's are on HP18. I am running Windows 2000 server with SP 3. Has anyone tried this configuration and had success? Were there changes required for the HBA registry perameters?
Thanks,

Todd
4 REPLIES 4
Eugeny Brychkov
Honored Contributor

Re: Proliants booting to VA7400

Todd,
as soon as they boot, but having bluescreens I think that the cause of bluescreens is that root/boot/swap areas are intermittently unavailable for server(s) - for example, FC connection failure, etc.
Thus first of all I would check that devices are healthy and configured properly:
1. check if everything is in fabric (look at 'switchshow' brocades command output - everybody should be F-ports). Remember: to configure windows HBA you need to modify registry or use HBA utility/bios, and then reboot to make changes to take place;
2. check VA with:
armdsp -a ..... overall VA state;
armlog -e ..... VA controller logs to see if there're suspicious events;
3. check brocade's 'supportshow' to see if there're events for ports.
If you wish you can zip all these outputs and attach here to your next reply and I will take a look at them
Eugeny
CA981471

Eugeny,

Thanks for the help. See attached logs.

Regards,

Todd
Eugeny Brychkov
Honored Contributor

Todd,
please see my email.
In the future please do not attach files greater than 256K, although ITRC says it can handle 1MB-size files, in reality this number is 256K. Split data in zip files which are less than 256K and attach in separate posts
Eugeny
david5337_1
Regular Advisor

Good share.