cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about connecting D2700 to msa2040

mruxo2000
Visitor

Question about connecting D2700 to msa2040

Hello ! I have msa2040 with 2 controllers configuration in production , now i have D2700 for 2 enclosure conecting (new, not used before), after connecting this one to msa2040 i didn't see 2 enclosure in management. what i'am doing wrong ? 

msa2040 wasn't powered off. i need restart both storage ? or must shutdown msa2040 and then turn on ?

i want to ask this because msa2040 in production and can't turn off at day time.

please help. thx !

3 REPLIES 3
Shawn_K
HPE Pro

Re: Question about connecting D2700 to msa2040

Hello,

It is supported to hot add an expansion enclosure such as the D2700 to an MSA2040. Be sure you are using the right cables and connecting to the corrrect ports on the controllers. I have seen where sometimes people make a mistake and do not connect to the right ingress port on the controller.

Please refer to the MSA2040 Cable Guide: https://support.hpe.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?docId=c03821278

If you look at page 8 you will find a diagram of connecting 2 x D2700 enclosure and the correct ports to use on the MSA 2040 controller.

Good luck!

Cheers,

Shawn

Accept or Kudo

mruxo2000
Visitor

yes. it is. doing correct.

i don't see what i'am doing wrong

it's my configuration with single D2700 enclosure. (picture)

but if i trying to disconnect D2700 i receiving messages:

Event:

An Enclosure Management Processor (EMP) reported an alert condition on a power supply. Type: fault. (enclosure: 2, WWN: 500143804107C340) power supply LEFT, power supply status: DC failure

thats mean msa2040 working normal, i think,  but enclosure D2700 still not appear in management.

i was tryed to restart both controllers, was no effect...

support_desk does not apply my ticket on this failure, because i don't have purchased installing pack, and this is new D2700 from box, and this is not a breaking.

maybe i can rescan it ? maybe from CLI ?

Shawn_K
HPE Pro

Hello,

If this is a new D2700 there is warranty support on the product. An HPE Support case should stil be able to assist you since the system in not working correclty.

There error message indicates the D2700 enclosure is being correctly seen by the MSA2040 array. It also appears you are pulling power when you are disconnecting the D2700 enclosure.

Can you see the drives in the D2700 enclosure? Are you able to connect to the CLI and see all the drives and enclosures?

Logging a case with logs might be a quicker resolution for you.

Cheers,

Shawn

Accept or Kudo