1753500 Members
4568 Online
108794 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Question for others using P2000 G3 SAS

JDHAdmin
Occasional Contributor

Question for others using P2000 G3 SAS

Trying to figure out if this is normal or a sign of a larger issue.

When connecting to the web interface of either controller, it will take about 15-30 seconds before I will get to the username/password screen. It seems like an aweful long time to load a signin page. Also it seems like a crap shoot as to whether or not i can connect to the second controller. Sometimes it works sometimes it dosnt. But I have not had a point where I couldnt connect to atleast one of them.

There were issues when initaly setting up the device as well, when attempting to assign static IP's it apeared to hang for a good few minutes and never proccessed the second adaptor.

Is this normal or just me?

3 REPLIES 3
Johan Guldmyr
Honored Contributor

How are you trying to connect to the second controller? Via web page as well?

Is it the same if you try to connect via ssh?

JDHAdmin
Occasional Contributor

It only seems to effect the second controller when i try to bring up the web page.

The first controller is working for the web page but it seems to take forever for it to load the graphics for the login screen. I was wondering if that part was normal or not. Odviously something is jammed up on controller 2 preventing the webpage from loading.

I tested telnet on both and that works fine.

Johan Guldmyr
Honored Contributor

OK. Well forever wasn't how I would describe how long it took when I last logged in to a P2000, quite responsive actually.

An unobtrusive action that usually fixes this problem is to restart the mc (management controller). You can do this via telnet and you can restart one controller's mc at a time.