New Discussion юеВ

Re: Question on MSA1000

SOLVED
Go to solution
dlfire
Occasional Contributor

Question on MSA1000

Hello
I am new to this. I recently set up a MSA1000 with HA options. I have one server connect to it with mutipath using MPIO. I am using the sansurfer express. I have created a lun and assigned to the server. It was working but recently when I try to created a second lun. It doesn't see any server attach to the SAN. I tried the server refresh but it does not see any server connect to the SAN. I can still access files in the first lun. What did I do wrong? and What can I do to fix it? Thanks
4 REPLIES 4
James Muell
Valued Contributor

Did you enable SSP? Select Storage Presentation? And Identify the HBA WWNs from the connected host and assign the lun to the host?

If you can open the ACU and see the disks on the MSA your connection should be good.

Is this a Linux host or Windows ver ?
dlfire
Occasional Contributor

Thank you for your respond. I downloaded the latest version of Sansurfer express. now it sees the severs. But I just added a win2k server to the switch. I installed MPIO 1.4 and HBA drivers on the win2k server. I have added a new zone for the win2k box on the switch. But I don't see the new server in the Sansurfer express after I refresh the server. Did I miss any steps? Please let me know. Thanks
James Muell
Valued Contributor
Solution

We don't use Sansurfer w/QLogics on Windows host but I've seen it and know basically what your talking about.

For Linux 3/4 we are using the embedded drivers.

Are you following the procedure below?

You should be using the MSA1000 CD Version X.x.x that is approved to work with the MSA1000 firmware you are using. Launching the MSA CD application will search the hardware and should find the HBAs. Then from the Main menu of the CD app you can install the approved HBA drivers.
dlfire
Occasional Contributor

Thanks James. I re-install the HBA drivers from the small business CD. The SanSurfer sees both server now.