1748126 Members
3133 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: RHEL4 needs rescanning of MSA1000 connection on reboot

desijat
Advisor

RHEL4 needs rescanning of MSA1000 connection on reboot

Hi - Running RHEL4 on a DL360 G3 using a QLogic 2340/FCA221x HBA to talk to a MSA1000+MSA30 SAN (4/10q switch). If the RHEL server reboots, I have to login to the server to do a rescan on the MSA to redetect the drives/LUNs - I use the QLogic util to do so (dynamic-tgt-lun-disc). Only then does a "fdisk -l" will list all the volumes.
Need help to figure out as to why this is happening.
4 REPLIES 4
Bharath_Pingali
Trusted Contributor

desijat
Advisor

Thanks for your reply. Yes, the RHEL box is running PSP 7.80 and the driver is 8.01.06.01 (which I believe gets installed/updated when the PSP is installed/updated).
Ivan Ferreira
Honored Contributor

Check this document, I would try with probe_luns:

Por que hacerlo dificil si es posible hacerlo facil? - Why do it the hard way, when you can do it the easy way?
desijat
Advisor

Thanks for your reply. I should have mentioned this earlier - this server is a standby cluster node for a pair of clustered 385 series boxes (also talking to the same SAN). However, all 3 boxes are clustered using Oracle 10g RAC and as far as I can tell, no failover parameters have been set on the HBAs (everything is handled by Oracle). Incidentally, the 385s, if and when rebooted, can see all the LUNs on the SAN without any issues. Having said that, I am not sure if I still need to change any parameters for the HBA on the 360.